B.F. Goodrich was born as Goodrich, Tew & Co
on the last day of 1870: the first rubber manufacturer west of the
The company was renamed B.F. Goodrich in 1874. The founder died in 1888.
They started with bicycle tires but went to automobiles very early. In order to expand the market, Goodrich published maps and guidebooks, put directional signs in place and, together with other rubber manufacturers, took part in the good roads movement promoting highway improvements. All to encourage driving.
Later, Goodrich products became important in the aircraft industry. Lindbergh's Spirit was fitted with Goodrich tires!
The company is a member of the Michelin Group since 1989.
This wall surprisingly recommends solid tires.
Much simpler than the ancient
With traces of the Hotchkiss brand.
During the 1920s Aigle started production of industrial belts and car mats: that was the branch which would become the tires Hutchinson. In the 1960s Aigle bought out the Kléber-Colombes plant.
Several layers of the same brand.
The bottom layer is an advert for Forvil.
spark-plug - insulator Savoie
Fulgor - opens the way
A complete range of tires for every use. Michelin is quality that lasts.
Next to this wall people are brushing a Renault wall.